Friday 8 April 2016

you

"I say that I wish you the best, and I hope that you're happy, but in reality I think I'm lying when i say that." She said flatly.

They were sitting across from each other for the first time since he left her for someone else.
He cocked his head to the side. "Why?"

"Because..," She chuckled, "No matter how many people you go through, you'll eventually realize that I was the best and that I still am the best. You'll wish you could have me back and it'll make you miserable, but I don't think I'll care by the time you figure it out. Sure I want you happy, but you'll never be as happy as I could've made if you just gave me a chance."

She looks at him and bites her lips.

"Maybe I'll always love you because in so many ways, you were my best. And you still are. But I'm not wasting my time because I gave you more than enough chances and you still took advantage of what I had. All I want you to know is that when you realize it's always been me, I won't take you back. You had your chance."

He couldn't say anything. He knew in his heart that she was right, but the fact she felt this way about him crushed him. His face dropped and all he could do was look down.

No comments:

Post a Comment